Search found 22 matches

by tcolt
Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:41 pm
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Megasquirt tuning maps question
Replies: 16
Views: 13919

I trust Farah, but from my recollection, my 3.0CSi had piano top pistons and the b34 had flat top pistons. It definitely didn't have dished or domed pistons or any valve cut-outs. I personally bought and installed the engine from a low mileage German 1984 735i in 1989. There might have been ...
by tcolt
Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:20 pm
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Megasquirt tuning maps question
Replies: 16
Views: 13919

Maybe there were two different versions of the 10:1 B34 engine? In that case, I see how the interference could be a problem. The factory pistons I have in my 1984 Euro spec "dirty" motor, M30 B34 engine are flat top pistons. These 218 HP engines were used in most Euro 535i, 635CSi and 735i engine of ...
by tcolt
Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:41 pm
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Megasquirt tuning maps question
Replies: 16
Views: 13919

I like what you have to say. Otherwise, I wouldn't keep asking more questions, right? :-)... Can I get a copy of that CR calculator that you're using?
I don't know what else to add except that I measured the actual volume, but maybe it was off by a little? I haven't had the head off again, so I can ...
by tcolt
Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:47 pm
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Megasquirt tuning maps question
Replies: 16
Views: 13919

I may have taken off 0.9mm then and not 0.8mm. I went from my memory. That would explain the same CCs. The point is, I don't see how my swapping cylinder heads, plus machining, effectively did anything but increase the size of the intake valve and change the shape of the intake ports (there's a ...
by tcolt
Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:30 pm
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Megasquirt tuning maps question
Replies: 16
Views: 13919

That would be great if you can find that! Although I can't imagine why anyone (except I) would have attempted to put together a hybrid b34 and b35. BTW, I have no interference with the 10:1 pistons and the b35 head or valves, but of course I did bout in an off-set camshaft key to correct the cam ...
by tcolt
Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:13 pm
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Megasquirt tuning maps question
Replies: 16
Views: 13919

That's normally true. I had to take off about 0.7 or 0.8mm to achieve the same CCs as the B34 head. To the point that the camshaft drive chain rattles for a few minutes before the engine warms up because of the excessive slack....
Do you know why BMW went to a lower compression B35 head in the first ...
by tcolt
Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:39 am
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Megasquirt tuning maps question
Replies: 16
Views: 13919

I appreciate your reply. What reason do you say my engine's compression ratio is lower than 10:1 when I had the head machined down to provide the same combustion volume as the B34 head had?

Thanks, Tom
by tcolt
Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:36 pm
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Retarding ignition when going from CR 9:1 to 10:1
Replies: 9
Views: 8549

With the Megasquirt I won't have to use any AFM anymore because it has a MAP sensor built into the ECU. Full circle. My original 3.0CSi also worked with manifold pressure...
But I'll be able to program the whole thing whether I increase the CCs to 3800 or whatever... I just would like to speak to ...
by tcolt
Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:40 am
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Retarding ignition when going from CR 9:1 to 10:1
Replies: 9
Views: 8549

I put a ...179 and a B35 head on my Euro b34 motor and it runs great, but I bumped the CR up to 10:1 so I never had any problems with it...
Now I want to convert to Megasquirt which I just bought but I'm looking for someone who will help me with some fuel and ignition maps for my Frankenstein motor ...
by tcolt
Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:30 am
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Retarding ignition when going from CR 9:1 to 10:1
Replies: 9
Views: 8549

Are you re-programming your 179 ECU chip?
by tcolt
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:44 am
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Megasquirt tuning maps question
Replies: 16
Views: 13919

Megasquirt tuning maps question

I finally want to install my Megasquirt MSPNP2 ECU and I'm hoping to find someone willing to share their fuel and ignition maps that are already a little closer to what my modified engine B34/ B35 needs than the DYIAutotune start up map that came with the MSPNP2 ECU.

This is basically the engine I ...
by tcolt
Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:33 am
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Who has a complete L-jet manifold they want to sell?
Replies: 2
Views: 4948

Thank you sir. I ended up buying one from Canada, which arrived on Christmas. Already installed. I appreciate the offer...
by tcolt
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:47 pm
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Who has a complete L-jet manifold they want to sell?
Replies: 2
Views: 4948

Who has a complete L-jet manifold they want to sell?

Who has a complete L-jet manifold they want to sell?...at a reasonable price. I need the injection manifolds, c-runners and log, the Venturi and possibly the fuel rail.

Thanks, Tom
by tcolt
Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:23 am
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Guys I give up on the other boards. Need help with e28 brake
Replies: 6
Views: 7577

Mike. Thanks much for your quick help. I'll do it today. I already had taken that plastic plunger out yesterday after being warned by Ron at the Roadfly site and I was just able to keep it together. Quite a bit of pressure on that spring. I think the parts are all pretty interchangeable between the ...
by tcolt
Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 am
Forum: Tech Forum
Topic: Guys I give up on the other boards. Need help with e28 brake
Replies: 6
Views: 7577

Mike. A guy on the roadfly forum described to me how the booster easily comes apart and where the o-ring is on the plastic plunger that I thought was a sleeve insert. It doesn't look like the o-ring is available as a BMW part number? so I will probably match it from my assortment. One leak down, the ...