Hello - I recently bought a low mileage '79 528i, 4 speed, gray with red leather interior. Lovely car.
A few small things to improve, but nothing major.
One of the minor issues is the sound that the driver's door makes when you close it. It's a loud "crack" that I think comes from the window. The PO said that there were shims that repaired this issue?
I don't think it is damaging to the window (yet) but I do want to repair it properly.
Has anyone run into this issue? If so, how did you repair it?
Thank you! Dickson
Window noise repair on 1979 528i?
- alotawatts
- Posts: 438
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:52 am
- Location: Seattle WA
I shimmed the window channels on my first e12 with some, but very limited success. Replacement, which I haven't done yet reportedly gives huge improvements in noise reduction. There's a FAQ on it in here too.
http://www.firstfives.org/winchan.html
http://www.firstfives.org/winchan.html
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.


