My '78 530i has been my daily driver for just over 2 months now. It seems that the fuses for the right low and high beams aren't making the greatest connection as they intermittently switch off and I have to pull over, open the hood and wiggle the fuse and they'll immediately switch on.
I am missing the cover for the fuse box, and will be getting one shortly. I'll try some sandpaper on the contacts to see if that will make a difference. Are there any other alternatives to make a better connection?
Low and High Beams Intermittently Switching Off
-
darrylrevok
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm
- Location: Ontario, Canada
I would use a small toothbrush sized wire brush or a nylon scotch pad, not sandpaper. Bend the clip to retention it also. I've even seen some guys put cable ties or large rubber bands or O rings over them to keep them tight. A cover is a start though.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.