So I have done a bit of searching and haven't really come up with much.
Basically I sold a 1979 e12 auto tranny to a guy, he texted me this morning and said the mechanic told him I sold him a euro tranny and he needs a US one. So I was under the assumption that bmw only made 1 auto tranny for e12s, Plus there is nothing euro about my car. Why would they give the US a different tranny? The only thing i can think of is his car is a 1976 530 and this came out of a 1979 528 i know they are different, but I didn't think the transmission would be different.
Basically I am trying to help the guy out, and point him in the right direction, I dont want him to get screwed by a shop and I want his experience of buying parts from me to be a positive one.
So, Do you know if bmw made a euro and US transmission? and if not do you think it is not fitting because of the difference in years?
Thanks!
Jake
Different automatic transmissions?
-
honzecruze
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:28 am
- Location: Santa Rosa CA
Different automatic transmissions?
77 530i
87 325e
93 325 s50 swap
PLEASE GIVE MY BAND A LISTEN!!
https://www.facebook.com/Mirrorsband/app_178091127385
87 325e
93 325 s50 swap
PLEASE GIVE MY BAND A LISTEN!!
https://www.facebook.com/Mirrorsband/app_178091127385
Not euro/US, but early and late. 75/76 US cars used a Borg Warner 65, not a box with a good reputation. 77 thru 83 US cars used a ZF3HP22, a very good 3 speed auto, as autos go.
Now given that euro cars included such things as 4 cylinder and M20 2.0 6 cylinder engines, euro trannys could be different, but I think you're looking at early/late.
Now given that euro cars included such things as 4 cylinder and M20 2.0 6 cylinder engines, euro trannys could be different, but I think you're looking at early/late.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
-
honzecruze
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:28 am
- Location: Santa Rosa CA
Ah ok good to know, thank you very much.
77 530i
87 325e
93 325 s50 swap
PLEASE GIVE MY BAND A LISTEN!!
https://www.facebook.com/Mirrorsband/app_178091127385
87 325e
93 325 s50 swap
PLEASE GIVE MY BAND A LISTEN!!
https://www.facebook.com/Mirrorsband/app_178091127385
I can't imagine anyone, anywhere wanting one today!
Not even with 'sport mode' 'cause I would totally miss the clutch action.
To me, we don't have to drive hard, but we're in tune with our car much more with a clutch.
It's part of my cheap fun. There are just too many things done for us.
Greg
Not even with 'sport mode' 'cause I would totally miss the clutch action.
To me, we don't have to drive hard, but we're in tune with our car much more with a clutch.
It's part of my cheap fun. There are just too many things done for us.
Greg
Rosallina/'80 528i
Buster/'82 635Euro
Hit the apex in Long Beach
Buster/'82 635Euro
Hit the apex in Long Beach