I've been looking online and from what I saw, remanufactured shaft prices seem to be around 500 bucks?
Also wondering what specifically I should be searching for, like part number and interchangeability and models that I can try to salvage from
Good places to find a 5 speed driveshaft for a 79 528i?
I think Mesa Performance is cheapest at about $325, but you would need a core.
You can use one out of a E12 or E24 thru 82 5 speed car. You can also use one out of an A/T car with a 3HP22 transmission which is most of them. They are slightly different in length, but close enough to use, which I have done several times in the past.
You can use one out of a E12 or E24 thru 82 5 speed car. You can also use one out of an A/T car with a 3HP22 transmission which is most of them. They are slightly different in length, but close enough to use, which I have done several times in the past.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
-
peter claassen
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:00 pm
Good places to find a 5 speed driveshaft for a 79 528i?
I got a rebuild at Portland Drive line.
The cat and exhaust system cook the original u joint bearings
The rebuild includes much more robust ball bearings and a full re-balance
On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:57 AM, oceancab <joshquach@gmail.com (joshquach@gmail.com)> wrote:
--
p   c   l   a   a   s   s   e   n
Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
The cat and exhaust system cook the original u joint bearings
The rebuild includes much more robust ball bearings and a full re-balance
On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:57 AM, oceancab <joshquach@gmail.com (joshquach@gmail.com)> wrote:
I've been looking online and from what I saw, remanufactured shaft prices seem to be around 500 bucks?
Also wondering what specifically I should be searching for, like part number and interchangeability and models that I can try to salvage from
--
p   c   l   a   a   s   s   e   n
Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
The driveshaft from an '85 535i fit perfectly with a 265 in my 530i. Got to use the late flex disc too. I lucked out with it being a Beyer shaft.Mike W. wrote:I think Mesa Performance is cheapest at about $325, but you would need a core.
You can use one out of a E12 or E24 thru 82 5 speed car. You can also use one out of an A/T car with a 3HP22 transmission which is most of them. They are slightly different in length, but close enough to use, which I have done several times in the past.
I was wondering about that thinking it might but not sure. The list would then expand to that, 82 528e 5 speeds, and 82/83 528e and 533i A/T cars.wkohler wrote:The driveshaft from an '85 535i fit perfectly with a 265 in my 530i. Got to use the late flex disc too. I lucked out with it being a Beyer shaft.Mike W. wrote:I think Mesa Performance is cheapest at about $325, but you would need a core.
You can use one out of a E12 or E24 thru 82 5 speed car. You can also use one out of an A/T car with a 3HP22 transmission which is most of them. They are slightly different in length, but close enough to use, which I have done several times in the past.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
Re: Good places to find a 5 speed driveshaft for a 79 528i?
how much did it cost to get the shaft rebuilt?peter claassen wrote:I got a rebuild at Portland Drive line.
The cat and exhaust system cook the original u joint bearings
The rebuild includes much more robust ball bearings and a full re-balance
On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:57 AM, oceancab <joshquach> wrote:I've been looking online and from what I saw, remanufactured shaft prices seem to be around 500 bucks?
Also wondering what specifically I should be searching for, like part number and interchangeability and models that I can try to salvage from
--
p   c   l   a   a   s   s   e   n
Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)