Would E12 Euro bumpers fit......
-
canada karl
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:50 pm
Would E12 Euro bumpers fit......
on a Bavaria? Looks to me like the car bodies might be of a similar size?
1976 530i. BMW 59 Triumph TR3A(rolling resto). 67 Triumph TR4A(salvageable). 86 900S Winter car
- maybeillbuyit
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:26 am
- Location: Vancouver BC
Re: Would E12 Euro bumpers fit......
I would have to say, I bet not. To me the e3 is a fair bit larger. And if they did fit something wouldn't line up I'd bet. Just my 2 cents.
1977 530i another project
1979 635csi Euro "project"
1987 635csi
1979 635csi Euro "project"
1987 635csi
Re: Would E12 Euro bumpers fit......
Bav's are much larger inside, but just a little outside. I think I did a mockup one time when I had parts cars for both and it seems like a Bav would have fit at least one end of and E12, but I don't know about the other way and I'm not even positive I did the mockup. One thing visually to consider is Bavs are much longer in the trunk. You would really just have to try them if nobody has done it.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
-
canada karl
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:50 pm
Re: Would E12 Euro bumpers fit......
I think your right. Just by looking at the pictures it appears to me that the rear E12 bumper would fit but the front sides of the E12 bumper would be too long for the Bavaria.
1976 530i. BMW 59 Triumph TR3A(rolling resto). 67 Triumph TR4A(salvageable). 86 900S Winter car