I know, but a tennis friend of mine blew his engine because of either the plastic radiator top inlet/outlet, or, him trying to be too much of a Daddy, and listened to his daughter which isn't bad. So, while topping off the oil she said she was in a hurry, so, he didn't add the last qt. and forgot to get back to it. It over heated & you know how girls are (gotta get off the freeway); I understand, but, you know the rest.
Anyway, does anyone know the website for the car? Maybe someone there will lead me to a decent all metal radiator? I don't know the chassis designation. I'll try BAVAUTO in the meantime. Thanx, Greg
'92 BMW 525 Station Wagon
Re: '92 BMW 525 Station Wagon
It is an E34.GripGreg wrote:I know, but a tennis friend of mine blew his engine because of either the plastic radiator top inlet/outlet, or, him trying to be too much of a Daddy, and listened to his daughter which isn't bad. So, while topping off the oil she said she was in a hurry, so, he didn't add the last qt. and forgot to get back to it. It over heated & you know how girls are (gotta get off the freeway); I understand, but, you know the rest.
Anyway, does anyone know the website for the car? Maybe someone there will lead me to a decent all metal radiator? I don't know the chassis designation. I'll try BAVAUTO in the meantime. Thanx, Greg
here is a site like ours for it
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/frame_e34.html
I'd also look in realoem.com for info on it...
Metal radiators are longer lasting, but most of the plastic ones aren't very expensive these days and a new one ought to last 80K minimum, or longer than likely ownership.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
-
crazyfastman
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:13 pm
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
- Adam W in MN
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:16 am
- Location: Don't waste my motherf***in' time!
- Contact:
Yes, some very sharp guys on there.crazyfastman wrote:bimmerforums seems to have a decent e34 community
Adam Wilson
www.e12m535i.com
www.e12m535i.com
-
Bob in San Jose
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 6:36 pm
- Location: San Jose, California
Here's a link to the best e34 site I've found.
http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/
http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/
1980 528i 5 Speed
1988 535i 5 Speed
1995 540iA 5 Speed Auto
1980 528iA - Now Mike W's project car
1988 535i 5 Speed
1995 540iA 5 Speed Auto
1980 528iA - Now Mike W's project car