Hi all,
Currently I'm in the hunting/gathering stage of doing a M30B35 swap into my 1981 528i. Right now for exhaust I have B34 manifolds with custom made down pipes going twin tube to a stock resonator and muffler. It sounds and flows ok but it's a bit flat which is besides the point.
As part of the swap I was thinking of switching things up a little. I was looking at getting a set of IE headers, adding a cat and doing something more custom with the muffler arrangement.
My question is, IE does not specify headers for the E12 but they do for the E28. I read it's because it may interfere with steering? Is that true? I don't want to lay out $500 only to find out this setup won't work.
If the IE headers won't work does somebody know where to find headers that will?
Thanks
Trevor M
Will Ireland Engineering headers fit a E12?
I can't answer your question, but I can confirm a stock E28 downpipe will hit the idler arm.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
-
DerSchwede
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:55 am
- Location: Germany
Well, it's been a few weeks now that I emailed IE and asked for clarification if their headers will fit an E12. The web page says it does but I asked for some confirmation before I pull the trigger.
No response back. I can't wait forever on this and want to move forward with the engine build. I'd like to have the headers in hand so I can port match before I assemble.
Does anybody know of another source of M30 headers that will fit the E12?
I'll even consider used.
Thanks.
No response back. I can't wait forever on this and want to move forward with the engine build. I'd like to have the headers in hand so I can port match before I assemble.
Does anybody know of another source of M30 headers that will fit the E12?
I'll even consider used.
Thanks.

