Brake Rotor Type Matter? If so, which one please.
Brake Rotor Type Matter? If so, which one please.
I am putting shoes on the big boy. Does it matter which rotors and pads? If so please chime in with opinions and why? Thank you!
Nikki
1978 e12 530i (newest baby)
2003 e53 X5 4.6is
2007 e60 525i
1998 e38 750il
RIP
1991 e31 850i
1972 Bavaria
1989 e24 shark CSi
1978 e12 530i (newest baby)
2003 e53 X5 4.6is
2007 e60 525i
1998 e38 750il
RIP
1991 e31 850i
1972 Bavaria
1989 e24 shark CSi
I don't think the brand matters much on rotors, but pads I might be a little more selective on. Metal masters have a good reputation even though I'm not much of a fan, Pagid is good, mostly stick to name brands.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
-
stewart in slc
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:54 pm
my .02
I think it depends on what you want from the deal. As you've heard before you get what you pay for. I had cheap no name rotors and cheapo pads on my first e12 which was just a commuter, and they did fine for what I needed. They didn't last especially long but they did the job. If I was tracking it or something like that I'd definately go for higher quality.