hey everyone,
Newbee here from europe.
I`m currently restoring my `76 528. I purchased a set of 7j x 14" Alpina alloys.
Ride height will be factory and I like the fenders filled. The factory size tire would have been 195/70 and 205/70 will work just fine but what would be the max size to run without getting rubbing issues? I`m leaning towards 215/70 or should I stick to the 205?
Thanks in advance.
max 14" tire size?
Re: max 14" tire size?
I've always looked towards wider rather than taller tires. Problem today is there's not many choices left in 14". In the past I've run 225-60/14s, but not anything taller.
Mike W.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
02 525ita. Wife's, aka grocery getter
02 530i. New to the fleet, 3 pedals.
08 Toyota 4Runner. 4WD vacationmobile. No enthusiasm, but it didn't leave me stranded or use any oil. Reserving judgement for now.
Re: max 14" tire size?
I would stick with 205/70-14, Longstone carries the Pirelli CN-36 but is out of stock currently but a great tire, currently installed on my e9.
Re: max 14" tire size?
I will stick to the 205/70. Still lots of decent tires to chose from overhere. I looked into the 225/60 but that a smaller diameter so no go. Also, it looks like there`s only 2 brands to choose from.
I had the Alpina`s checked for straightness yesterday and 1 seemed ok-ish, so that`s good
They will get fixed and fresh paint in the next couple weeks, so I still have time to make a tire choice. The car itself is in pieces too. Still knee deep in panel repair. Plan is to get it to the painter`s late January... plan...
Thanks for the replies guys.
I had the Alpina`s checked for straightness yesterday and 1 seemed ok-ish, so that`s good
Thanks for the replies guys.